Post Judgment Modifications

Post Judgment Modifications in Michigan

A final order is entered at the end of each family law matter. If a substantial change occurs in relation to spousal support, child support, custody or parenting time following the entry of the final order, then the parties can file a motion to change the current order. Custody, parenting time and child support can always be modified based on proper cause or change of circumstances.

Alimony/Spousal Support and Child Support Modification

Modifications involving support orders are often highly contested issues. The courts often request documentation that provides insight as to why the standing order should be changed. Child support can be increased or decreased due to substantial changes in parenting time and/or income of the parents. Changes in income of the former spouses also can affect the size and frequency of alimony / spousal support payments.